Friday 2 March 2012

Riding through greater Northern Europe?

On some of these cloudy days (until I put my bike back in the shed of course--c'est la vie), I can't help but feel as though I've transported to Belgium. The narrow, wet, dirty roads, lack of cars (on occasion), and the damp air all come together to take me away to a place where legends have been made, where tradition is formed, and where cycling is almost a religion. These rides are always best followed by a big waffle and a strong cup of coffee. Descending down through Kemback is easily one of my favorite roads in Fife: it's what I imagine Southern Switzerland to look like for some reason--a place I desperately want to ride sometime in my life. While the road itself is not particularly intense descent or climb, it's just stiff enough to keep things entertaining, while being surrounded by what I believe to be incredible scenery, especially on a sunny day; yet when encapsulated by fog, a mysticism almost hangs in the air as well.







No comments:

Post a Comment