Saturday 24 March 2012

The Fog of Peace

Saturday is long ride day. A chance to spend a few hours either alone with my thoughts or on a nice group ride chatting away the miles. Today was the former; encapsulated by fog and clouds the whole time, the world seemed to stand still. The roads were surprisingly quiet: nature abounded around me since no cars were driving it off; hawks, rabbits, pheasant, even a deer. As much as I love sunny bright days, the occasional ride through the fog like today is perfect. Alone with my thoughts I can just be unmolested by the outside world--I'm just a man on the bike: the road in front of me the only constant. It must be my association with the type of weather we had here today with California--the same effect happens, infamously known as June Gloom, where the world just seems to be in a hazy, foggy, misty, cloudy soup; only in L.A. it tends to burn off by 1 in the afternoon--but I had "Going to California" and "Over the Hills and Far Away" stuck in my head yet again. Sorry for the lack of photos, but the fog was just too thick.

No comments:

Post a Comment