Tuesday 1 May 2012

Rest day before a rest week

My training schedule surprised me today with a "Rest or 45 minutes easy spinning." Seeing as I'm off traveling for a week I did want to get into the saddle, and I'm never one to take an easy spin day for granted. I actually managed to plan this one right, so that I had a tailwind while going uphill and the headwinds while I was going downhill. That's something that very very rarely happens, and I was quite proud of my seemingly excellent mapping abilities. Nothing too new to report, The Grange is still quiet; Station Road to Kingsbarns still has a few nice turns, although the wind kept me at too safe a speed for my personal liking; and I flew towards St Andrews with the wind behind my back. After heading up St Leonard's Hill, I stopped for a quick dopo bici double espresso before a quick cobbles run right before getting home.
Looking at Kingsbarns. (The steeple in the distance)


No comments:

Post a Comment