Saturday 26 May 2012

Home Sweet Home*

For some ridiculous reason I thought that the day after a 7hr flight home would be a great day to have my first race. Less than optimal preparation immediately preceding the race meant that my only objective was to finish in the bunch. After getting lost on the way to the race as well as procrastinating while eating my breakfast and changing, I was rushed in signing in; I thought I'd only have a mile warm-up, but luckily the race was delayed and I could at least do a one-lap preview of the course, which as it turned out proved to be more useful than usual.  But great success for the day, managed to finish around 10th I think, without having to dig too deeply yet partially because of a stupid tactical move on my part. The course was pretty boring, a lot like NASCAR, just a trapezoid with easy corners. Too short to be a road course, yet a little too long to be a crit the distance fell in a weird middle ground. The racing as still fun as always. No hills but ferocious winds at times help separate the field.





*Awesome Song

No comments:

Post a Comment