Thursday 5 April 2012

Belgium Day 6

The last day, unfortunately. With some more touristy things on the agenda for the afternoon, decided to just take a quick spin around Brussels. Like city riding anywhere, there was lots of traffic, lots of cars, lots pedestrians, lots of stop and go, clipping in and clipping out. But the copious miles of bike lanes, respectful (for the most part) drivers along with frequent, beautiful parks and interesting city scenery made it more than tolerable, but rather enjoyable, if not optimal. The 500th Anniversary park was spectacular, the palaces and the gate were awe-ingly huge, the other parks were quiet and rather scenic for being in the middle of a congested city. While I still felt a little blocked up from the previous day and a little bit still from Saturday, it was a good last ride for Belgium, this time around. I hope I can return as soon as possible, but I think I may stay further out in Flanders next time.






No comments:

Post a Comment