Sunday 19 August 2012

Early

I actually managed to get myself out of bed this weekend to go for early morning rides. Saturday was by far the more eventful day; despite this I didn't take any pictures. It started out innocuously enough: a passing drizzle, and just some wet roads. The rain, however began to steadily increase a few miles in and just past a third of the way into it, it began to pour. And I mean rain hurting the skin pour. By the time I was wet and cold I was over halfway so I kept ploughing, or swimming really, ahead. A truck very nicely did the classic spray after hurtling through a puddle I was next to; I felt like I had dove under a wave in the ocean, the water was literally over my head. Hurried home to a long hot shower after that. Sunday morning was much more relaxing...the sun was shining, the roads were dry, all was peaceful. It was almost cold without warmers when i first threw a leg over, but after my warm up as my pace and the sun rose, the chill lifted. False flats litter roads on the eastern end of Long Island, and after rising steadily, I enjoyed a twisty descent, followed by a brutal time trial against the wind along a highly exposed isthmus. Turning back towards home I took a few gravĂ© roads, still packed down well from the rains and just relaxed and took in my surroundings and was happy for a relatively easy ride. 




Saturday:


Sunday:

No comments:

Post a Comment